Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dr. Iqbal Judge's Reaction to the write-up in Hindstan Times

It was good to see your pics...and you standing up straight!..along with your family, though I don't need a newspaper to endorse you all as being heroes. You look as if you're all set to walk along the Leisure Valley or for a poetry mushaira to recite your poems!
The bit about the insensitive politicians' poems reminds me... sometime back I found myself at this very arty (or should I say 'crafty') do ; a book release function of Kapil Sibal's claims to being a Muse. He was inspiring enough for me to try my own hand at 'worsification', and I sent the following attempt to my young friend who'd sent me the invite:


you weren't there
the 'interesting affair'
lost most of its flair
Sibal left nothing to chance
from woman as lioness to the lion-less environment
the nameless to the shameless
from shooting stars to cricket wars
the nano to nanny
he embraced them all in his dance
of (er- forgive me)
witless wit of the rhyming couplet
though Dua raved about his wide ranging mind
and his naughtiness, often amorously inclined,
I wondered --was I blind?
Deprived of discussion 'literary',
I left; a little early.
Mum accused me of being a snob
so, chastened,
I hastened
to learn from the rejected repast
poems have 'paragraphs', I learnt
not stanzas--that's la-di-da bombast!
Mock not a Sibal
when you can pen not even a syllable
you're just a silly nobody
but He has a blackberry!!
He has a Blackberry
and is famed literary.....

What do you say????
Regards
Iqbal

No comments:

Featured Post

RENDEZVOUS IN CYBERIA.PAPERBACK

The paperback authored, edited and designed by Randeep Wadehra, now available on Amazon ALSO AVAILABLE IN INDIA for Rs. 235/...