Wednesday, May 7, 2014

If children should not play, who should? Let them play



It was fun watching them. But they were alarmed. One of them saw me clicking their photographs and they crowded me, anxiously inquiring whether I would send these photos to newspapers? I understood their anxiety. It’s a children’s park but the sector’s adults do not allow them to play here, citing “nuisance”. Often they would complain to local press or civil authorities against children doing what comes most naturally to them – innocent play. If children should not play, who should? Anyway, it was heartening to watch them play volleyball, when cricket and football are the usual glam sports that attract children.
When I assured them that I was photographing them for sheer joy and not for harming them, they decided to have an impromptu photo session. I loved their bright, gleaming faces. Hope you do too:


No comments:

Featured Post

RENDEZVOUS IN CYBERIA.PAPERBACK

The paperback authored, edited and designed by Randeep Wadehra, now available on Amazon ALSO AVAILABLE IN INDIA for Rs. 235/...